Tuesday, December 18, 2007

Where have all the heroes gone?

In my works I come across many people who run corporation for others. Those others could be share holders, state, or the general public. Lately these people is speaking less and less about excellence, but rather more and more speaking about what it is for me (private gain). I have been painfully try to explain that they should do something to save company money, or to improve the company strategic posture. What I find what interest them most, again what it is for me. Acceptance from their peer is more important than all the painful transformation to save tomorrow.

Apparently the enterprising spirit has died, replaced by hedonism, individualism, as long as you comply mentality. It is okay to steal as you do not get caught mentality. Where are the young man and woman with flaming spirit in their eyes, to do a better thing today and tomorrow should be better than today? I am longing for them.....

No comments: